We will hear from educational speakers about:
- What is play-based learning?
- Common questions re play-based vs academic learning?
- Important skills for life that we learn in preschool (and can only successfully be learned before 5)
- Importance of Self-Directed play
- Strategies for parents to do at home (with examples)
- How to structure pretend play
- How to utilize sensory bins
- How to foster creativity and not just make nice-looking art
- How to make early literacy fun/interactive/play-based
- What are the outcomes we are striving for?
- How to work together and take turns
- Listening/following simple directions
- Principles of cause and effect
- Spatial awareness