General Fire Safety Procedures
If the fire alarm sounds:
• If you have children in childcare and signed in underneath the line in the attendance binder, you will be on the Fire Team for that meeting. Also, additional Fire Team members will be announced at the beginning of each meeting. Read about Fire Team Responsibilities here.
• If you are not on the Fire Team, you must remain in the MOMS meeting room (the parlour) until the Fire Team has left. They are going to evacuate children, and we must let them do their job.
• As the Fire Team is leaving the room, please close any windows around you.
• Once the Fire Team has left the parlour, follow the instructions of the executive team to evacuate the building.
• Do not stop to gather your coats/bags/stuff.
• All mothers assemble on the sidewalk on Ridley Avenue for attendance. You must stay with the group until attendance has been taken.
• Once attendance has been taken, you will be told when and where you can go to your child(ren).
• All children are evacuated to the parking lot on the west side of the church. You will be taken to them once everyone has been accounted for.
• If you are not on the Fire Team, do not, under any circumstances, run to retrieve your child. If you and/or your child are not at the appropriate location when attendance is being taken, the fire department will be notified that you and/or your child are missing.
• HINT: Most of the children have not gone though a fire drill at school, so you might want to tell them exactly what happens during a drill: a loud bell goes off, someone other than mom is going to make sure they come up/down the stairs safely, and they should move as quickly and quietly as possible.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to talk to a member of the executive.